Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Proposal


It was very simple, romantic and a little...geeky. He took me out to the park and when we got there there was an enormous heart-shaped wreath of lavender roses (my favorite color). In the center was a dog he had made at Build-a-Bear holding roses and chocolates. In the dog's mouth was a heart-shaped frame that said "Will you marry me?" Also there was his ipod hooked up to speakers with a label that said "play me". I hit play and the most hokey song I had ever heard came out of the speakers. It was some song about berry picking. He said the song reminded him of me. I stood there listening for a little while and finally said "do I need to hear the whole song?" Thankfully he said no then got down on his knee and produced the ring. I accepted the ring then proceeded to say "I never want to hear that song again." I didn't say yes but that's another story. See my next post for that one. In case you're wondering, our wedding was very Jewish and very traditional (for a Jewish wedding that is).




No comments: